At Afrimac, we also produce our own high quality macadamia oil. To many, macadamia oil is commonly described as “good oil” due to the fact that it is has high levels of monosaturated fats. Macadamia oil is used in both the cosmetic industry as well as the food industry.
For cooking, macadamia oil is rich in flavor. This makes it perfect for salad dressings, frying, roasting and baking. Macadamia oil has a high smoking point and no cholesterol which is great for the health-conscious consumer.
Due to its composition, macadamia oil is becoming a favorite in the cosmetic industry. It is often used in shampoos, conditioners, body lotions, lip balms, massage oil and many other ways.
Health Benefits of Macadamia Oil:
– Macadamia nut oil is a great source of fibre to increase energy levels
– It improves heart health due to the high content of beneficial fatty acids
– Helps in maintaining cholesterol levels
– Reduces hair loss and improves hair health
– Good home remedy for chapped lips
Benefits of Macadamia Oil to your skin:
– It is light and absorbable hence it will not Clog Pores.
– It is hypoallergenic, meaning that it does not irritate sensitive skin
– It had skin renewal properties due to the squalene and omega 9 oleic acid.
– It is rich with antioxidants because it contains vitamin E
– It hydrates dry skin well.